Home - Next Steps - Membership
The New Testament clearly indicates that groups of people who were followers of the Lord Jesus Christ identified themselves with, and committed themselves to a particular local body. In order to implement the principles of accountability and commitment to the local body of Christ, as defined in the New Testament and practiced in the early church, Harvest Bible Chapel recognizes the need for formal membership. Membership at Harvest Bible Chapel is for all who are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and have visibly demonstrated that commitment through believer's baptism.
How Do I Become A Member?
- Attend the "Step 2: LEARN" class. This class is a clear and concise overview of who Christ is, how one becomes a Christian, and how to be meaningfully connected to the church.
- Upon completion of the class, any person professing personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour who has expressed that commitment visibly by being baptized, or is willing to be baptized at the next available service, should indicate their desire for membership on the membership application form and submit it to the church office for further review and a follow up interview.
- Your name will be placed in the bulletin or posted at the church for a period of two weeks. During this period members will be encouraged to clear up any relational or other difficulties which could hinder your ministry among us. This is done in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17 so that both you and the Harvest family will benefit.
- At the end of the two week period those who remain as candidates will be welcomed into membership.
What Are My Responsibilities As A Member?
I have, by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ and I have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
I am committed to worship Christ
. As part of my worship lifestyle, attending Sunday services at Harvest is a high priority for me. Further, I am financially supporting the ministry of our church by giving back to the Lord a biblical portion of my increase.
I am continuing to walk with Christ
and in fellowship with other Christ-followers through regular and personal study of the Bible, prayer, personal witness, involvement in a small group and by avoiding criticism of others and always seeking to biblically resolve any conflict in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17
I am at work for Christ
and have found my place of service at Harvest. I am committed to fruitful ministry by using my spiritual gifts for God’s glory.
I'm in! What's my next step?
Read our doctrinal statement here
Look through our by-laws here
3) Apply for membership here.